- Responsible for handling all of the visual elements in the eLearning course design.
- Ensure that every component aligns with the brand image and suits the subject matter.
- Turns complex ideas into easily digestible graphs, charts, and tables.
- Meet with clients and stakeholders to discuss specifications and online learner needs.
- In charge of producing all the graphics, charts, and illustrations for the eLearning course, as described in the eLearning storyboard.
- Create a cohesive look and feel and work as a visual Quality Assurance expert in the team.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and select style and size of type.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetical design concepts.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Web sites.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using the computer.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan the presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts.
- Create computer-generated graphics or animation.
- Draw detailed or technical illustrations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, or Associate’s degree, or Post-secondary certificate.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Fine Arts — Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of music, dance, visual arts, drama, and sculpture.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.